brucedoe

Bruce R. Doe

brucedoe’s Activity

Yesterday

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:28 PM

Re: Completely OT: 100 yrs ago

The list could be quite longer. for example

100 yrs ago there was no radio
100 yrs ago there were no commercial air planes
100 yrs ago there were few Confederate statues
100 yrs ago no one waved the Confederate battle [more]

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs board. 6:08 PM

Re: PSA update

laKitKat

Originally, self-storage started for something to do with land while you waited for it to appreciate. One would assume with PSA that there would be a rather steady sales of properties every year. I don't see income from sales [more]

Fri Aug 18

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 11:33 AM

Re: Gee, nobody has mentioned it

But at least they haven't ruined the economy that still purrs along: [more]

Thu Aug 17

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 3:44 PM

Re: OT:F-35 Promise vs Reality

tim443

I saw a picture of Frankfurt right after the war and it was leveled. There wasn't a building standing.

brucedoe

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 3:05 AM

Re: OT:F-35 Promise vs Reality

Here is a rather detailed account of the B-17 and the B-24 (Liberator also called the Flying Boxcar). They say that the Liberator was hard to handle. They also say there was a better survival record in the B-17. They too mention about how many air [more]

Mon Aug 7

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 12:36 PM

Re: Top 20% keeping the other 80% down

You are quite right. When I moved from Virginia to North Carolina, it never occurred to me to unregister in Virginia.

brucedoe

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 12:31 PM

Re: Top 20% keeping the other 80% down

steve203

I don't know the candidate you are talking about but UI did find the follow reference to"why do people vote against their own best interests?

[more]

Sun Aug 6

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:34 PM

Re: Top 20% keeping the other 80% down

jampots

Why should I make enemies of friends and family who are determined to support Republican politicians which are screwing them and helping me?

Why indeed, but they are doing just that. I think it has something to do [more]

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:28 PM

Re: No more mortgage = retirement security

note

Most continuing care facilities require a large up front fee for entry. We paid $206,000 at our place and we chose a 4 yr declining balance for a refund to our heirs. As I have passed the 4 yrs, there will be nothing for them, but the 4 [more]

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:16 PM

Re: NAACP issues travel advisory for Missouri

Does this topic have a macroeconomic impact?

brucedoe

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:12 PM

Re: Apple owns $52.6 billion in US Treasurys

Steve

It is not always obvious whatt to do with money. In fact Apple stated paying dividends. also companies waste money by buying back a lot of stock also. Many companies are slowly going private because of this.

Warren Buffet [more]

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:05 PM

Re: Congress and Tax Reform

That worker taken off welfare - what was the economic value of whatever he was doing during working hours instead of working? Presumably not much.

Now that he's working, those hours of his time have economic
[more]

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs board. 5:43 PM

Re: A look at STAG....

And Stag pays its dividend monthly. It is doing very well for me right now. Maybe rather than dome down, it will be flat? Who knows.

brucedoe

Tue Aug 1

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 12:59 PM

Re: Congress and Tax Reform

Cutting the business tax rate down as far as to 22% has been judged in one analysis to pay for itself. Below that, the lowered taxes will increase the deficit.

A second, more recent report talks about lowering to 25% wouldn’t be [more]

Thu Jul 27

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe posted to the Dividend Growth Investing board. 1:48 PM

Genuine Parts Corp (GPC)

An interest article on GPC is at [more]

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 1:33 PM

Re: My suggestion on healthcare reform

Jeff

There is the NIH (National Institutes of Health) that does fund a lot of grants for medical research in the U.S. but maybe it should be expanded.

I've been retired for more than 20 yrs, but it used to be in most industries [more]

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 1:26 PM

Re: My suggestion on healthcare reform

syke

Also the VA does negotiates prices of drugs they use.

I'm in the FEHP (Federal Employees Health Plan) that doesn't negtiate price of drugs themselves but you choose a company to provide your insurance and they do the [more]

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 1:20 PM

Re: Contemplating a Science Career?

I was a research scientist in the U.S. Geological Survey, a bureau in the Interior Dept. About half-way through my career, they converted funding to a proposal system that complicated life. I had to keep standing on my head to decide were I could fit [more]

Tue Jul 25

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 11:21 AM

Re: Science proves it: Money really can buy happines

I've been rich and I've been poor and believe me, rich is better: [more]

Fri Jul 21

NL

Boards Post

brucedoe replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 12:22 PM

Re: OT-McCain Diagnosed with Brain Cancer

I wonder if McCain wasn't bothered by something as long ago as he ran for President because he made some bizarre statements like collusion between Iran (Shiites) and Sunnis. He did it more than once though they hate each other. I thought he was [more]

Show More Activity ...

CAPS Stats & Trivia

CAPS Player Rating < 20
Player Rank 0 out of 71208
Score 0.00
Score Change Today 0
Accuracy 0.00%
Active Picks 0
Total Picks 0
Best Pick ( 0)
Worst Pick ( 0)
Average Score per Pick 0.00
Charms Earned 0
Highest Rated Favorite No Favorites Selected
Go to brucedoe’s CAPS page

Boards Stats & Trivia

Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool
Board Posts 12812
Recs Received 20513
People who have rec'd these posts 1791
Recs to Posts Ratio (last 30 days) 5.30
Threads Started 2843
Threads Started Percentage 22.19 %
Most Frequent Board Macro Economic Trends and Risks
Very First Post What's an Alpha? (10/27/1999)
Percentage of Posts Rec'd 47.61 %
Show brucedoe’s 10 Latest Posts