- Gamer Survey Shows Why GameStop Might Not Be Doomed After All
GameStop might not be doomed after all, contrary to the popular notion that digital distribution will render its brick-and-mortar business model obsolete.
- Could Microsoft’s Xbox One Beat the PS4 in Japan?
Japan has traditionally been Microsoft’s weakest console gaming market. Could these strategies help it gain ground against Sony and Nintendo?
- ‘12 Years a Slave’ Wins Best Picture Oscar: 3 Lessons for Hollywood
What three key lessons can Hollywood learn from the critical and commercial success of ‘12 Years a Slave’?
- Can Nintendo Become the Next Disney?
Nintendo’s business dilemma strongly resembles Disney’s problems in the 1980s. Can the gaming giant learn a few lessons from Michael Eisner’s revival of Disney, which turned the ailing theme park and movie company into the world’s largest media conglomerate?
- Harold Ramis’ Death Casts Doubt on the Future of ‘Ghostbusters III’
Harold Ramis, best known as Dr. Egon Spengler from the Ghostbusters films, passed away at the age of 69. Can his co-writer and co-star Dan Aykroyd’s dream of bringing a third Ghostbusters film to the big screen succeed without him?
- Microsoft’s Price Cut for Windows 8.1 Was the Wrong Move
Microsoft is reportedly reducing its licensing fee for Windows 8.1 by 70% to try to gain ground against Google’s Chromebooks. Is this desperate effort too little, too late?
- Mt. Gox’s Shutdown -- The Critical Questions for Bitcoin Investors
Mt. Gox, the largest Bitcoin exchange in the world, just went dark. What does this mean for the future of the popular cryptocurrency?
- Is it Time for a Plus-Size Disney Princess?
High school student Jewel Moore’s petition for Disney to introduce a plus-size princess has attracted more than 30,000 signatures. Is it time for Disney to listen to its fans?
- Can Halo’s Cortana Help Microsoft Tackle Siri and Google Now?
Microsoft is bringing Halo’s Cortana to Windows Phones as a personal assistant to rival Siri and Google Now. Is this a huge leap forward for the underdog platform, or just a cheap gimmick to cash in on Halo’s popularity?
- Nestlé’s Hot Pockets Recall Highlights Rancho Feeding’s Frightening Food Problems
Nestlé just recalled 238,000 cases of Hot Pockets after the beef was determined to be “unfit” for humans. What three lessons can consumers learn from this debacle?