- Why Solazyme Inc. Stock Has Plunged 20% in 2014
Investors had grand plans for Solazyme in the beginning of the year. Then reality took over.
- Biotech in Your Vanilla Ice Cream? Here's the Scoop.
Put emotions aside and consider the facts before you roll your eyes at biotech's advance on the vanilla-flavoring market. As it turns out, you'll probably welcome the latest breakthrough with open arms.
- How Biofuels and The Boeing Company Are Reshaping the Global Aviation Industry
The Boeing Company is determined to bring biofuels to the global aviation industry. How quickly before you can take to the skies with renewable jet fuels? For investors, it may be sooner than you think.
- General Electric Company Wants to Refuel Your Natural Gas Ford F-150 at Home
Forget the worries about limited infrastructure for natural gas vehicles. General Electric Company thinks your home can supply all of your fuel needs.
- How Garbage, Cows, and Flushing are About to Expand Supercharger Coverage for Tesla Motors
Tesla Motors may soon get a boost from some unlikely sources of electricity production.
- Is Putin Right to Call Monsanto a Terrorist Organization and Ban GMOs?
Russia has likened the Monsanto and Syngenta products to terrorism, even introducing a bill that will punish anyone that uses biotech seeds. Will Putin's plan backfire?
- 3 Wild Ways the Animal Kingdom is Advancing Medicine and Public Health
Pigs, llamas, and cows, oh my! The future of medicine promises to get pretty wild thanks to novel projects from United Therapeutics and AbbVie.
- Growth Investors Should Focus on Value Creation at Renewable Energy Group
If you like growth, you should probably give Renewable Energy Group a careful look before writing it off as a high-risk biodiesel company.
- Are You As Anti-GMO as Chipotle Mexican Grill and Whole Foods Market Make You Believe?
You can choose not to buy or consume food that contains ingredients produced from genetically modified organisms. But do you really know what you're taking a stand against? I'll bet not.
- Is Royal Dutch Shell Preparing to Build a Cracker Facility in Pittsburgh?
To build or not to build? The question is far more complicated than that, unfortunately.