- 7 Things You Need to Know About Solazyme's Flagship Product for 2015
Solazyme's Encapso drilling lubricants could seize a large and growing opportunity in oil and gas well drilling in 2015, but investors need to be realistic, too.
- Biotech in Your Starbucks? Move to Premium Coffees Could Make It Happen
Starbucks' biotech brews could take the competition to another level entirely -- and maintain the chain's commitment to sustainable sourcing.
- Why Monsanto Might Be the Best Internet of Things Stock
You may be awaiting the arrival of the smart refrigerator or toaster oven, but Monsanto is thinking bigger with the Internet of Things. In fact, the company's new software platform could make it the best Internet of Things stock on the market.
- Can Biotech Save Natural Gas Producers Billions in Flaring Costs?
Last year the United States ignited nearly $1 billion worth of natural gas because it didn't have the infrastructure required to capture and store it. While producers aren't incentivized to capture and flood the market with gas that is currently flared, biotech could provide a reliable and profitable solution.
- Solazyme Pivots Commercialization Strategy, But Does Amyris Do It Better?
Solazyme realized that it needs to sell high value products to survive, but Amyris realized that over 12 months ago. What can investors learn from execution at Amyris, and how does it translate to the new strategy at Solazyme?
- Solazyme Stock (SZYM) Crashes 45%: You Must Read This Before Buying or Selling
Read this before selling or buying Solazyme shares on the massive post-earnings dip today.
- Unlikely Hero: Can Monsanto Rid the World of Pesticides?
An under-the-radar technology platform being developed by Monsanto and Novozymes could signal a major shift in agriculture.
- It's December 2016. Is Solazyme Inc. Profitable?
Solazyme has the potential to become an incredible growth stock, but recent developments may not inspire investors. The numbers tell an important story -- and it doesn't necessarily hinge on profitability.
- Why Solazyme Inc. Stock Has Plunged 20% in 2014
Investors had grand plans for Solazyme in the beginning of the year. Then reality took over.
- Biotech in Your Vanilla Ice Cream? Here's the Scoop.
Put emotions aside and consider the facts before you roll your eyes at biotech's advance on the vanilla-flavoring market. As it turns out, you'll probably welcome the latest breakthrough with open arms.