- The Totally Benign Reason Monsanto Wants to Acquire Syngenta
While there's much talk about further controlling the food supply and being a greedy corporation, few are considering the potential environmental benefits behind Monsanto's bid for Syngenta.
- What the Dow Chemical Company's $20 Billion Growth Project Means to Investors
Investors have long heard about the Sadara joint venture, but with initial operations due to start in 2015, it's a good time to review its importance.
- Investors Beware: 3 Renewable Products That Destroy the "Green Premium" Myth
Think a product is worth more because it was produced in an environmentally friendly way? These three renewable products bust the Green Premium myth.
- Does This Biotech Billionaire Own the Best Stock for the Next Decade?
Synthetic biology leader Intrexon has a great deal of potential and a charismatic owner in R.J. Kirk, but could it really be the best stock to own for the next decade, as CNBC's Bill Miller believes?
- Dear EPA, Please Fix Biofuels in 2015
The EPA desperately needs to address the shortcomings of its previous renewable fuels policies. Here's one potential solution that could have far-reaching effects.
- 1 Chart Shows Farmers (and Investors) Need Monsanto Now More Than Ever
Agriculture will be increasingly dependent on technology in the future -- and that's a great thing for farmers, the environment, and Monsanto.
- Will This Ruin $124 Billion in Natural Gas Investments? (Hint: It's Not OPEC)
Investments aimed at converting cheap and abundant shale gas into higher-value chemicals could face competition from a very unlikely source.
- 1 Thing That Could Devastate Archer Daniels Midland Company's Earnings
It accounted for nearly 19% of Archer Daniels Midland's total operating profits through the first three quarters of 2014, despite accounting for just 10% of revenue, but the good times may be over.
- Girl Scout Cookies Teach Us All a Lesson on GMOs
We should all be proud of the Girl Scouts for standing up for science and rejecting demands from anti-GMO groups to alter the ingredients of Girl Scout Cookies. Whether we're fans of eating Samoas by the sleeve or investors, we can all learn from this.
- Why Investors are Excited About Intrexon and Ziopharm's New Deal
Ziopharm shares have soared over 50%, while Intrexon is up over 20%. What has investors so excited?