- Can More Cheap Windows Phones Save Microsoft's Mobile Plans?
Windows Phone's biggest success has been the Lumia 520, a low-end handset that has had over 12 million activations to date. Will additional low-end handsets help to make the mobile OS successful, or is it too late?
- Why a Fitness Wearable Might Be the Right Move for Microsoft
Microsoft's first wearable device may be closer to a fitness band than a smartwatch, a move that has taken some watchers of the company by surprise. Is this a good move for Microsoft, or will it cause the device to be overshadowed by existing fitness players?
- Can a 'Magic: The Gathering' Movie Be a Blockbuster for Fox?
Twenty-First Century Fox is in the process of creating a feature film based on Hasbro's 'Magic: The Gathering.' Could it be a hit, or will it suffer the same fate as 2000's 'Dungeons and Dragons' film?
- Who Really Profits from Marvel's Interconnected Universe?
It's well known that Marvel Studios' films and TV shows share a connected universe. The studio isn't the only one that benefits from this, however.
- Should Warner Bros. Go Full Speed Ahead With its DC Comics Movie Universe?
Rumors claim that Warner Bros. is charging ahead with its film slate in an effort to take attack Marvel head on. Is this a good idea?
- Is HBO's 'True Detective' Already on its Way Off the Air?
HBO's "True Detective" has been a major hit, and fans are eagerly looking forward to season two. If the show's creator is to be believed, however, then the show might already be getting close to its final season.
- Why Is 'Ant-Man' So Important to Marvel Studios?
The search to find a director without delaying 'Ant-Man' made the movie seem like a priority for Marvel Studios. Did the studio really feel strongly about the movie, or was it simply trying to keep its larger plan from derailing?
- Will 'Doctor Strange' Movie Mark a Departure from Marvel's Film Formula?
Horror director Scott Derrickson is helming the 'Doctor Strange' film for Marvel Studios. Is that a sign of greater diversification in the studio's upcoming offerings?
- Is Disney Getting Ahead of Itself With its 'Star Wars' Spinoffs?
Disney is going full steam ahead with the 'Star Wars' franchise, having already announced the directors of two of its stand-alone films that will hit theaters between core episode releases. Is it trying to accelerate the franchise too quickly, though?
- Why Fox Should Sign Hugh Jackman for a New 'Wolverine' Contract
As Twenty-First Century Fox is riding the popularity of 'Days of Future Past' and preparing for 'X-Men: Apocalyse,' speculation continues on what the future of the franchise will look like. Would this be a good time for the studio to lock Hugh Jackman into a contract for a few more core X-Men films?