How I Invest
As my username indicates I abide by a "core and explore" investment philosophy. Essentially, I adhere to modern portfolio theory for the core (roughly 80%) of my portfolio which is comprised of mainly passive investments (index funds and ETFs) across all asset classes and geographies, which is duly rebalanced on a regular basis (annually). As for the other 20%, I explore other strategies, utilizing active management through certain actively-managed mutual funds, CEFs, REITs, and individual stocks and bonds of my own choosing. Overall, this investment strategy allows me to make money whether the efficient market hypothesis is true or not (my guess is that it's about 80% true, therefore my allocation reflects that), and also takes care of my need for intellectual stimulation and investment action.