CM001’s Activity

Yesterday

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Deranged Monkey Criticism board. 8:09 PM

Re: diversification

what is a reasonable alternative?

It varies. For someone like me, where liquidity is not an issue (meaning I don't have redemption or need to liquidate to finance new purchases) and a bit of hands-on managing, I have basically build [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Ebix Inc. board. 6:19 PM

Re: EBIX to Repurchase $80 Million of Shares Ov

EBIX issued an update on its share buyback. Between last announcement and now (1642880 - 471000) they have purchased net 1,171,880 shares reducing outstanding shares to 37Million.

[more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 1:52 PM

Re: Obama upset...had to cancel golf game

You can't blame this on Bush so you tried to compare O's lack of leadership to Governor Perry.
Doesn't fly with me


FYI Go back and see my earlier posts. Bush traveled all over US and went to overseas, while Katrina happened. The [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 1:41 PM

Re: Obama upset...had to cancel golf game

YOU are the one shifting the argument

So, is Eric Duncan an illegal immigrant or not?


I don't care one whit about the status of immigration from African countries. Several African countries are experiencing a deadly [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 1:32 PM

Re: Obama upset...had to cancel golf game

It was known fairly early on that if you didn't engage in unprotected anal sex, your chances of getting AIDS were nil…none…zilch…nada. I had no concerns whatsoever about my own safety during the AIDS epidemic

Aha. That's a gays [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 1:11 PM

Re: Obama upset...had to cancel golf game

The MINUTE it became apparent that Ebola was a huge problem in some African countries,

You are shifting your argument now from illegal immigration to why travel ban is not imposed, so that means you accept your initial theory of he is [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 1:01 PM

Re: Obama upset...had to cancel golf game

Uh, might I remind you that Governor Perry is NOT the president of the United States! Being the president of this great nation is an honor and a privilege that has been wasted on this president.

Aha. Got it. So governorship is birth [more]

Sat Oct 18

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 10:39 PM

Re: Obama upset...had to cancel golf game

We contained the Ebola epidemic

Epidemic? How did you contain?

Perhaps you want to research how good Texas is in containing real epidemic's and how many people died in those epidemic's. It is called Facts' and very [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 9:10 PM

Re: Obama upset...had to cancel golf game

Obama had to cancel 18 holes of golf plus a visit from a major league sports team to deal with his lack of competence in handling this 'crisis' which he knew about 4 months ago but ignored.

Why he is seething is the poll numbers showing
[more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Political Asylum board. 3:00 PM

Re: Obama Accomplishment #492

ACCOMPLISHMENT: More American oil drilling and fracking than ever.

Obama had not achieved much on environment and fracking is more damaging to environment it seems. I believe there is not enough done to study the impact of fracking on [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 posted to the Deranged Monkey Criticism board. 12:06 PM

diversification

For an individual investor working full time, and managing decent size personal investment, what would be an ideal mix of asset allocation and within stocks, how many issues?

NL

Boards Post

CM001 posted to the Deranged Monkey Criticism board. 12:03 PM

Question to Martian

You have mentioned about position sizes lots of times and it generated many discussions. I don't recollect whether you have ever mentioned this anyways my question is:

Is your position size influenced by your concern that you may have to [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs board. 11:04 AM

Re: REIT Preferreds: Sell today or hold forever

(for a considerable time, rather than for just a few days) as the game-changer trigger...?

I don't recollect that was mentioned. In ay case, I assume, he meant like 10 yr going below that mark more as staying below 2.2 for some [more]

Fri Oct 17

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Political Asylum board. 5:01 PM

Re: Ebola Without A Surgeon General

Could be, they didn't send me the prerequisites. I'd stack up Ben Carson to him, except he's not a Dem.

Take it easy, you are not so important to be consulted. :)

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Political Asylum board. 11:50 AM

Re: Ebola Without A Surgeon General

Great match for the job.

You are correct. This is a co-ordination job and someone who has been 2 times chief-of-staff has the right credentials.

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Political Asylum board. 11:13 AM

Re: Ebola Without A Surgeon General

Any president or administration will do that, because you don't want to create panic. Again, 25% chances means 75% chances nothing is going to happen, right?

In any case, there is no outbreak. Someone who has Ebola could travel to US, that [more]

Thu Oct 16

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 9:24 PM

Re: Ebola spreads in TX

"What about Bush" "What about Reagan" is not a "decent conversation", it's a punchline. Debate something on it's own merits without changing the subject and maybe you wouldn't get insulted.

It is a very [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs board. 9:16 PM

Re: REIT Preferreds: Sell today or hold forever

Debt in an economy that has stalled or in recession is BAD. The capitalist system assumes that money you borrow today will be paid by by cheaper (inflated) dollars. It needs a constantly growing economy with low inflation to eat away at debt. [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 7:38 PM

Re: Ebola spreads in TX

The only TRUTH is that until people start regularly belittling and shouting down these low down dirty liars without conscience they will get away with using out of context factoids to forward their cause

I dare you to compare Regan's [more]

NL

Boards Post

CM001 replied to the Retire Early CampFIRE board. 7:37 PM

Re: Ebola spreads in TX

Like I said…leading from behind. Crisis management. Too litte too late, etc.

So if we had those CDC centers, assuming this do nothing congress would have funded, we could have stopped ebola in Africa? How is this leading from the [more]

Show More Activity ...

CAPS Stats & Trivia

CAPS Player Rating < 20
Player Rank 0 out of 75064
Score 0.00
Score Change Today 0
Accuracy 0.00%
Active Picks 0
Total Picks 0
Best Pick ( 0)
Worst Pick ( 0)
Average Score per Pick 0.00
Charms Earned 0
Highest Rated Favorite TMFBent
Go to CM001’s CAPS page

Boards Stats & Trivia

Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool
Board Posts 4942
Recs Received 5393
People who have rec'd these posts 1182
Recs to Posts Ratio (last 30 days) 8.90
Threads Started 773
Threads Started Percentage 15.64 %
Most Frequent Board Deranged Monkey Criticism
Very First Post A HGS: Select Comfort post. (8/13/2004)
Percentage of Posts Rec'd 39.44 %
Show CM001’s 10 Latest Posts